WATCH TRAINING VIDEO|
Canva Link in the email.
2023 STEP TRAINING!
Use this link to formally accept your seat in the 2023-2024 Dance STEP Training Program.
Time & Location
WATCH TRAINING VIDEO
Canva Link in the email.
About the Event
We have partnered with Dance STEP International to level up our training program. This 6-level course will become the blueprint for training leaders within our school! The Student-Teacher Education Program (STEP) at The Maryland Academy of Dance is to Nurture a student's desire to teach & lead. We will help students identify the different aspects of being a Dance Educator. The Maryland Academy of Dance STEP Program is for students interested in teaching, assisting, and being an excellent role model for young children. We begin this journey around 11 - 18 years old. They commit to help for the entire dance school year, from September 2023 - June 2023 and into the Summer of 2023. A STEP STUDENT is required to assist a class on stage during a performance, especially with the very young in age classes. As a role model, the Assistant Teacher must have a positive attitude and love working with ALL children.
• Must wear appropriate clothing for all classes. (Class uniform) • Hair neatly in a bun
• Arrive quickly to help younger students prepare for class. 15 minutes before classes begin.
• Take attendance at the beginning of class and update at the end.
• Demonstrate proper technique, work ethic, and character in and out of the classroom
• Notify the director two weeks ahead if they will miss class.
• Accompany students when they are leaving the classroom during class time.
• Hand out and pack up props
• Encourage students in class
• Demonstrate each exercise with the teacher
• Help the teacher with studio tidying
• Complete all tasks your supervising teacher asks.
• Help keep students on task and focused
• Assist with basic maintenance/cleaning of the Studio
• Assist with front desk tasks.
• Assistants are chosen based on class needs, students' schedules, availability, and character.
• Good communication skills for interacting with students, teachers, and occasionally parents.
• Willing to take initiative with tasks that have been assigned.
• Maintain a positive and friendly manner while present at school, at home, and academically
• Be a good role model for younger students by always being punctual and dressed correctly
• Willingness to take direction and act on constructive feedback from the teacher. • GPA of 3.0 or higher
Training Portal Access: $100 per year (September 2023 - June 2024)
STEP LEOTARD (Must be worn on working days): $50.00
$5.00 per hour Membership credit worked after 30 practical hours of assisting.
25 HOURS MAX PER MONTH
***Students who complete all six levels of training and show consistency and dedication at age 16 may be hired to teach/assist as an employee of The Maryland Academy of Dance. Assistant Teacher duties are considered a priority when social conflicts arise, i.e., over slumber parties, birthday parties, and other social activities that may coincide. Parents will be notified if unmet expectations may lead to loss of position.
Portal Access (1st payment)
Portal Access PIF